Sunday 3 September 2017

South Landing, Flamborough, East Yorkshire - August 22, 2017

My wife and I had decided to take the grandchildren for an overnight stay at Bridlington in East Yorkshire.  When we arrived, Bridlington appeared to be almost grid-locked and so we made our way to South Landing, where the children would at least get onto a beach.


The sun was breaking through when we arrived and it turned out to be a pleasant afternoon with the grandchildren enjoying their time on the beach.  I have course had my binoculars and managed to see a few birds, the best being probably three Greenshank flying over but I also picked up a couple of Kittiwakes, which were my first of the year.  There was also a few Oystercatcher, Ringed Plover, Dunlin, Curlew and Redshank around the beach and circa thirty Common Scoter, three Fulmar, five Gannet and ten Sandwich Terns over the sea,

No comments:

Post a Comment