Friday 11 April 2014

A quick dash to Rutland Water, Rutland - April 9, 2014

I was at my daughter’s with my wife looking after the two granddaughters when I received news of a Pied-billed Grebe in the Sailing Club Bay at Rutland Water.  I initially called Dave who was trying to call me but I had a problem as I couldn’t get home until my son-in-law, Paul got home.  I called Roger who agreed to pick me up and take me home to get my gear and then we were to pick Dave up.

The plan all came together and we arrived on site a little after 17:00.  The bird was quite distant but was a very smart summer plumage bird and eventually came closer and allowed me to get a few record shots of it.  We finally called it a day after watching for just over an hour.  This was the first for the counties and was obviously new for all local listers and who would have thought I would get two county lifers in as many days.


Adult summer Pied-billed Grebe


No comments:

Post a Comment