Friday 20 March 2015

An afternoon visit to Great Glen, Leicestershire - March 20, 2019

Dave telephoned to let me know that he had seen a pair of Willow Tit and two Grey Wagtails from the sewage works footpath and so I decided to go and have a look.


I heard a Chiffchaff and a Grey Wagtail as I approached the sewage works but there was no sign of the wagtails on the filter bed and the only bird I saw was a Reed Bunting.  I continued along the path and heard another Grey Wagtail just before I met Dave coming the other way, who informed me he had just been watching two on the edge of the stream.  I continued on with Dave to where we normally walked to but there was no sign of the Willow Tits but we did see a couple of Chiffchaffs.  We then walked slowly back seeing a couple of Buzzards to the south and on reaching the filter beds we saw a Grey Wagtail, Pied Wagtail, two Meadow Pipits and a couple of Chaffinch on the beds.  Whilst we were watching these Dave heard the Willow Tits call twice but I couldn't hear them and so we continued on back towards the road.  We spent quite some time searching the last part of the hedgerow without success, seeing a Goldcrest and three Bullfinches.  Dave decided to go home while I went back along the path again, although there was still no sign of the tits but I did have another Buzzard and two Goldcrest and both Grey Wagtails were on the filter beds as I walked back.

No comments:

Post a Comment