Friday 9 November 2012

Titchwell, Norfolk - October 25, 2012


After dropping the family of in Hunstanton I went to Titchwell for a few hours.  I walked to the beach along the west footpath where i was fortunate to catch a brief view of a Cetti’s Warbler.  Disappointingly the fresh marsh held too much water and was unsuitable for waders, although there were four Avocets roosting.  Volunteer Marsh did hold a number of waders and I found a couple of Knot, three Spotted Redshanks and a rather late Wood Sandpiper.

The sea was quite rough and all I saw were about ninety Common Scoters in flight and a single Great Crested Grebe.  The tide was also high but I did see most of the expected waders on the shore.

When I got back to the car park I did see two Ring Ouzels on the edge of the field next to the car park.

No comments:

Post a Comment