Tuesday 30 May 2017

A late afternoon at Cossington Meadows, Leicestershire - May 22, 2017

I had dropped my wife off in Rothley and had about two hours before I was picking her up again and so I went to Cossington Meadows.  After parking I walked through Plover Meadow to the river and then headed north alongside the river before heading towards Upper Marsh and Hobley Lake.  There were a couple of Little Ringed Plover on Lower Moor and two Redshank on Middle Marsh but there was no sign of the Glossy Ibis today.  I returned along the main path diverting to Rectory Marsh to see if the Glossy Ibis was feeding there but again there was no sign and so I returned to the car and went to meet my wife.


I had recorded forty-five species during my ninety minutes circuit having heard a Green Woodpecker, two Great Spotted Woodpecker and well as seeing a third.  I heard a couple of Cetti’s Warbler, a Chiffchaff, two Willow Warbler, two Blackcap, a Whitethroat and four Reed Warbler and also saw two Whitethroat and a Reed Warbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment