Wednesday 24 October 2018

An early morning visit to Great Glen, Leicestershire - October 5, 2018


I made a short visit to Great Glen this morning hoping for a repeat of Malcolm’s visit yesterday and catch up with a Common Kingfisher and a Willow Tit.

I arrived at around 07:20 and after parking walked up the road to the footpath that goes alongside the sewage works.  I walked as far as the metal gate but hadn’t seen or heard very much, with a Pied Wagtail on the filter beds being the best.  I hadn’t seen anything else of note as I passed the sewage farm, where there was now a lot of activity.  I stopped where I thought Malcolm had seen the Willow Tit and to my surprise it appeared on the edge of a bush not too far away and I had reasonable views.  I headed back and went to the lake hoping for the Common Kingfisher but had no luck, with a Common Buzzard being the best, and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment