Tuesday 28 August 2012

An afternoon at Rutland Water, Rutland - August 28, 2012I


I made a late afternoon visit to Rutland Water visiting the north arm and lagoon four.

There were six Barnacle Geese on the north shore of the north arm and eight Little Egrets feeding on both shores.  I scan for a Little Gull and Black Tern did produce an adult Black Tern and twenty-two Common Terns but there was no sign of the Little Gull.  I did also see a Greenshank on the south shore.

Lagoon four produced two Pintail, a Garganey, another seven Little Egrets, eight Ringed Plovers, a Sanderling, three Dunlin, three Snipe, six Black-tailed Godwits, a Green Sandpiper and another Greenshank.  There was an adult and a second calendar year Yellow-legged Gulls and fourteen Common Terns.

When I got back to the car park I could hear a Greenshank calling and four were observed flying over lagoon one.

No comments:

Post a Comment