Sunday 8 December 2013

A half day’s birding in NW Leicestershire - December 6, 2013

I decided to go to Swithland Reservoir today following yesterday’s horrific winds.  On arrival I soon located five Scaup on the northern section where there were also four female-type Goosander.  There was no sign of the Peregrines or Ravens today and on the southern side I was unable to locate any Mandarin.  There was c.100 Redwing flying around over Buddon Wood and I had three Fieldfares go over whilst observing the southern section.


Great Crested Grebe


Carrion Crow


Scaup


Scaup


Goosander


Black-headed Gull


Carrion Crow

It being rather quiet at Swithland Reservoir I moved on to Barrow-upon-Soar sewage works as there had been a Siberian Chiffchaff reported on several occasions.

On arrival at the sewage works there was clearly some activity within the works and it all seemed rather quiet.  During my stay there was no sign of any Chiffchaff but I did see at least one Grey Wagtail.


Meadow Pipit


Meadow Pipit

No comments:

Post a Comment